Friday, March 25, 2011

Nylon Magazine Host Event at W Hotel Austin

On Friday March 18th I attended the Nylon Magazine event at the W Hotel in Austin for SXSW. Music lovers, fashionistas, hipsters and music executives from all over the world attended this event with excitement and joy of hearing new bands and indie artists. I met people from Europe to San Francisco who were enjoying themselves as they sipped cocktails and danced to an eclectic genre of music the DJ was spinning. The bright sunshine with a drift of wind made the weather a perfect temperature for an outdoor concert on the terrace of the W Hotel. The newly opened W Hotel was so hipped with a lavish contemporary twist. You know when you are at a W Hotel because their brand shows, from the complimentary Acura car service to their professional guest services (Just perfect for a Fancy Kid like myself). After a couple hours spent on the vibrant terrace I met a producer who insisted that I stick around to hear his new band play but they weren't on until later that night. I decided to meet friends for dinner then return later for the show. Thanks to Ray-Ban I was picked up by a complimentary car and taken to freshen up. Upon returning I noticed the long line to get in, but good thing the doormen remembered me and whisked me through the anxious and roaring crowd (Everyone knows the best act comes on last)! I found out that the terrace was only open to V.I.P. guests and music executives during that time. As I made my way up the stairs and back onto the terrace I bumped into the "Queen of All Media" Perez Hilton who was taking pictures with some of his fans and things of that nature. The vibe had totally changed for the evening shows. The crowd had loosened up and the attire had changed to night time but relaxed wear. The bands rocked out and gave superb performances and closed out the three day event. Overall great job Nylon I enjoyed everything about the event and look forward to attending in 2012. Also we can not forget STYLE X which was just recently introduced to SXSW in which I hope gets bigger and better next year! Enjoy pictures below!














--Cheers from Carlton!!

No comments: