Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tyra Banks testifies against her alleged stalker.....

Supermodel and TV personality Tyra Banks testified in the trial of her alleged stalker on Wednesday, saying that her life has changed significantly because of him, the Associated Press

reports.

Speaking in Manhattan Criminal Court, Banks recalled the day of March 18, 2008, when 38-year-old Dublin, Georgia, resident Brady Green appeared at the building where she tapes The Tyra Banks Show and demanded to speak to her.

"I was about to leave and a bunch of people from my staff were saying, like, 'No, you can't leave.' They said he was in the building," Banks said.

She added that her staff had shown her Green's photograph previously, warning her that he had threatened one of her employers and he was "somebody I should watch out for."

According to a criminal complaint, Green had previously appeared at Banks' Los Angeles studio several times and had asked to speak to her. When police arrested him in New York last March, he told officers, "I know [Banks]. She knows me. We had a thing together. I sent her flowers I sent her cards."

Green then asked police, "Should I plead no contest? I've got satellites watching me and recording us."

Banks went on to detail the psychological trauma she's endured since the incident. Since Green's arrest, she testified, she is tailed by security forces wherever she goes, contrary to her previous routine, even when she runs and exercises outdoors.

"I don't [like to] live that kind of sheltered, protected life," she noted. "I like to walk around."

"I fear for my safety. I fear for the safety of my staff and for my family," Banks added. "And I fear for the safety of people in my vicinity, who I'm with."

Green, who's facing charges of stalking, criminal trespass and harassment, faces up to 90 days in jail if convicted.

No comments: