Sunday, January 18, 2009

Content with Life!

Quote of the Post:

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them anyways.”-Marilyn Monroe

Ok... So I'm just sitting here evaluating my life, and thinking about my future. First of all it's 2009, so all the drama or bad experiences I had last year is dunzo! I'm so over it. I realize now that I barely communicate with my classmates. I do understand that it takes 2 people to make conversation, so I do not feel bad anymore. However I'm content with my life at the moment. I am a VERY independent individual, I work, I'm in School, and my social life is amazing with my few good friends. I rather have a few good friends, than a lot of fake ones. Everything I have I worked hard to get, and I will not stop until I make it to the top! I do understand that I have matured so much. I'm able to accept failure happens in everyone life, and i've learned from a lot of mistakes. I've also learned from a lot of people mistakes as well. I do know that each and every day I will smile because I deserve to. I have come a long way from where I started. All the negative things in my life are no longer there. I'm very proud of myself because I am livng my dream. After my first and last year at SFA, I realized that I had a blast those 9 months there, but thats not the place for me. That was the best decision I think I made. I was dealing with a lot of fake people there in which it took the absence of my real friends to make me realize that. I went home for a year, and learned some valuable lessons. I knew I didn't want to live there for the rest of my life. I worked 2 jobs and attended college part time. In that process I changed my major to something that I really wanted to do. Journalism/PR is the right job for me. Very competitive major right? Well guess what.... I'm not afraid of a challenge. I know it's people out there that are ready for me to fall on my face. "Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong." -Muhammad Ali. This quote helps me get through a lot of challenges that I face. It makes me want to take risks, because you miss one hundred percent of the shots you do not take. I took a risk by moving to Houston, not really knowing many people. I really miss my family, because I feel like I'm the one that keeps us stronger, and on track. It was a good risk that I took because I've met so many new people, and learned so many new things. I know how to survive on my own, trust me I'm not your average college student. I'm not starving for anything, Whatever I want I pretty much get although it may take time. I had good grades last semester, but this semester I want to make the Dean's List. I know I can do it, I will just have to study a little harder. I think it's going to be a great semester, because I love springtime. I think 2009 is going to be a great year for me. I plan on excersising more so I can live a more healthier life. I plan on buying 2 new shirts a week lol instead of shopping all at once. I plan on interning this summer for a local magazine in which I hope I get it. One of my good friends is expecting and I'm happy for her. Ashlee is moving to Houston, and I'm very happy about that! I love the fact that regardless of the negative things people say about someone I can not believe it. I have realized that you will never know anyone unless you have been their friend first. This is so true people, because I was mislead about one of my good friends. I was told negative and things about them and because I didn't know them I believed it. Well that was all a lie and I'm glad I know who they really are. As I leave you I want to say that be ORIGINAL, because a orignal copy is worth more than a copy! God Bless....

-Carlton

No comments: