Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hump Day

Friends and I on HUMP DAY!



Quote of of the post:

"The truth is not some little birdy jumping on your shoulder with joy, the truth hurts." - Unknown

Well as you all know that yeasterday was hump day! It was pretty great day at school besides it being COLD all day! However the sun was shining bright and made it a pretty day. I only had 4 classes yeasterday because my visual arts class was cancelled! I have Biology homework which sucks tremendously but I have to do it! My roommates and friends went to see a motivational speaker last night. It was okay, but more of a history lesson. I figured there would be somethings he would discuss but he didn't! He yet fail to discuss the drop out rate of African American students in the United States. It's a pretty sad issue, but it starts at home. However he did say instead of trying to help someone you first need to know their history. I totally agreed with him on that one! The high drug rate is another thing America is suffering for. The guy said that honestly he would rather sell drugs than work at McDonalds! I TOTALLY disagreed with him on that one. I believe that you should work for what you want, nothing in life should be free and easy. Thats the bad impact on our environment, everyone wants to live the microwaveable life where everything is fast and easy. And in that life their able to go buy themselves a new car with 24 inch rims, and screens all in it. Who actually cares about that? Grow up and be a man about it! DO WORK! I know a lot of people that live on the system that are driving nice cars, and live freely in their government apartment. For people that actually needs the help I understand, but people that free load aggrivates me the mostk and its sad because I know a few. My family has always worked for what we want, kinda what my Mother has always taught me. I am from a middle class working family. I know what it is like to work and I'm glad I work for everything. I appreciate more! It's funny because many young adults have to wrong conception about life! I'm glad my Mom didn't always give me what I want, because now I know you can have everything, but not all at once. One of my scholarships were reduced, it kind of ticked me off! I felt ungrateful and angry, although I had enough money to pay my bills I wanted more. I then realized that I shouldn't be greedy, and that I will just have to work a little more to get a little more. The Lord will bless me I know he will, because i've made it this far through him and I'm going to keep on. Anyhow tonight I plan to attend the Black & Gold Pageant with my friends, and i'll upload pictures later! Have a good day!

Love Always,
Carlton Lockett

No comments: